This program will be LIVE, and will NOT be posted online afterwards.
This full-day program is designed by the pediatric staff at the Joslin Diabetes Center. The program provides school nurses with a greater understanding of the management of school-age children and adolescents wearing insulin pumps.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Describe pump therapy as a method of insulin delivery
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of insulin pump therapy
- Describe the use of insulin pump therapy in the school setting
- Explain the calculation of insulin doses
- Discuss common issues with pump therapy that arise in the school setting
- Identify new glucose monitoring technology
- List the characteristics associated with successful pump therapy in pediatric patients