Best Practices in STD/HIV and Pregnancy Prevention is a 10-lesson curriculum, aligned with the Maine Learning Results, addressing the sexual health needs of adolescents ages 13-18.
- effective communication and negotiation skills,
- abstinence,condom use and other methods of prevention,
- STD/HIV and pregnancy prevention,
- accessing valid sexual health information and services,
- sexual health for all--regardless of gender or sexual orientation,
- the developing brain and sexual decision making, and
- healthy relationships.
Who should attend?
Maine health educators committed to implementing Best Practices with youth ages 13-18. Participants will need to attend both training days and have the commitment and administrator support to deliver the curriculum after the training.
Space is limited to 20 educators.
What is the cost?
Thanks to support from the Dept. of Education, all costs for participants are covered, including: registration, mileage and substitute reimbursement.
Overnight lodging if traveling more than 1 1/2 hrs one way is available upon request.
Interested In Attending This Event?
Additional Registration Information:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.