The Gatekeeper training is the foundation of the Maine Suicide Prevention Program (MSPP) and is a prerequisite to the MSPP school-based curriculum training and the Training of Trainers. It provides a deep overview of suicide in Maine and the US, and teaches basic intervention and resources for response.
This is a full-day training for adults in school and community settings. It meets the criteria for a Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper training for school staff.
This training will:
- Provide the fundamentals of suicide prevention
- Provide up-to-date information about suicide
- Teach basic suicide intervention skills
- Increase personal confidence and ability to effectively respond to suicidal behavior
- Identify helpful resources
Parking: Parking is available in both the front and back of the building.
There is no cost for this training session. Lunch will not be provided, however there will be a one hour break for lunch on your own.