School Nurse (Substitute) New
Sheridan County School Disctrict 2
$20.10 / Per Hour
School Nurse - Substitute for the 2017-2018 school year at District
During regular school hours (approx. 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.) when a school nurse is absent.
To act under the general direction of the building principal. To perform those duties required by school nurses to meet specific requirements as listed in state statutes and local school district policy related to the overall health care of students in the school system and other duties as assigned.
- Schedule and perform routine screening procedures, follow-up and referral.
- Assist administrators in developing school health program.
- Assesses students on a regular basis to detect health needs.
- Maintains up-to-date cumulative health records on all students.
- Administers first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures.
- Implements Board policy on exclusion and readmission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases.
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Assists school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools.
- Conducts school programs of immunization, health assessments, and sight and hearing tests as directed by NASN (National Association of School Nurses).
- Reports to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on student health matters.
- A liaison between home and school regarding health concerns. Making home visits when necessary.
- Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the work day.
- Upper body strength ability to lift students for positioning in wheelchairs, side lyers, or floor mats. (Back support provided if needed.)
New Employees are required to be fingerprinted with PTSB or Fingerprinting Office - $20. Must also take the Online training on the internet.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment relationship with the District is at will and of indefinite duration.
- Salary and fringe benefits to be set by Board of Trustees.
- Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.