Virtual Hill Day is Here!!!
Dear MASN members,
Virtual Hill Day is here!
Please participate in NASN's Inaugural Virtual Hill Day that will focus on the
TODAY (Tuesday) we will be tweeting to our Members of Congress!
- King @SenAngusKing
- Collins @SenatorCollins
- Poliquin @RepPoliquin
- (Pingree has already signed on!)
Sample (Tweet) Social Media Messages:
Hashtags to Use: (primary hashtag) #SupportNURSEact, #SchoolNurses4NURSEact, #StdtsWantTheNURSEact
Be sure to use .@ if you are beginning your tweet with a Twitter handle, as indicated below. There is no need for a period before the @ sign if a twitter handle is not in the beginning of the tweet.
Also, please make sure to add NASN's twitter handle @schoolnurses to the end of all tweets.
Sample Tweets to Use:
- School nurses play a key role in making sure that children are healthy, safe and ready to learn. (list @Legislatorhandles):, please co-sponsor the NURSE Act. #SchoolNurses4NURSEact @schoolnurses
- Today's student's face more medically complex conditions and chronic disease conditions which require the knowledge and assessment skills of a school nurse. (list @Legislatorhandles):, please Co-Sponsor the NURSE Act. #SchoolNurses4NURSEact @schoolnurses
- Children deserve to have their health needs met during the school day so that they can meet their full potential in school. (list @Legislatorhandles):, please Co-Sponsor the NURSE Act. #StdtsWantTheNURSEact @schoolnurses
- School nurses promote wellness, chronic disease management and perform early intervention services to reduce barriers to learning. (list @Legislatorhandles):, please Co-Sponsor the NURSE Act. #SupportTheNURSEact @schoolnurses
Please feel free to tweet your own message to your Member of Congress. Please include his/or her twitter handle, your message and one of the hashtags along with @schoolnurses.