2015 National Children's Dental Health Month Poster Contest
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Theme: "Defeat Monster Mouth"
The poster should illustrate the importance of oral health and ways to keep teeth healthy.
A basic understanding of good oral health concepts is a required. These can be reflected as illustrations of the theme, for example; that eating nutritious foods, having regular dental check-ups, and getting dental sealants, brushing and flossing every day, or using mouthguards are all needed to have a healthy smile. The grade level determines the appropriate topics.
The following information must be printed on the back of each poster far enough from the corners so as not to interfere with adhering "Tak Putty" for displaying: child's name, age, and grade, teacher's name, school name, SAD or school union number, school address and phone number.
Posters should be colorful and easily seen from a distance.
All posters should be horizontally oriented and on white drawing or heavy construction paper that is 12" x 18". (Please, no other sizes unless you absolutely can't obtain this size.) Please try to see that the posters are not laminated or mounted on heavier stock – this makes it difficult for us to display them.
1. Number of entries: Only four posters, 1 for the grade K, 1 for grades 1-2, 1 for grades 3-4 and 1 for grades 5-6 from each School may be entered into the contest. Local contests will have to be initiated in order to choose the entry from the school district for the state-wide contest.
2. Deadline: All entries must be received at the Oral Health Program (address below) by March 30, 2015.
3. Schedule suggestions: Announce the contest as soon as possible, with a deadline about 3 to 4 weeks later. Display your posters locally. Select the winning entry for each grade level and submit it to the state-wide contest; so that it arrives at the Oral Health Program Office (see address below).
4. Judging: Representatives of the contest co-sponsors, the Maine Dental Hygienists' Association and the Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention, will be the judges. Posters will be on display in the Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention building where the Oral Health Program is located
(286 Water Street, Augusta).
5. Winners and Prizes: All entrants will receive a certificate of recognition. Winners will be notified by April 30, 2015. Prizes will be provided by the co-sponsors in each of the four judging categories
(Grades K; 1-2; 3-4; 5–6) as follows:
1st place = $25-value gift ● 2nd place = $15-value gift ● 3rd place = $10-value gift
Send entries to: Oral Health Program, Maine CDC
11 State House Station, 286 Water St., 5th Floor
Augusta, ME 04333-0011
7. Property: Posters remain the property of the students who design them. However, the Oral Health Program may duplicate posters to keep on file or distribute copies, but in no instance will such distribution involve any monetary transactions. If a student (or parent) does not wish his/her poster to be duplicated, the words "DO NOT DUPLICATE" should be printed on the back of the poster along with the student's name.
8. For more information, contact: Maine Oral Health Program at (207) 287-3121 or (207) 287-2363
If contest rules are not carefully followed, posters can not be entered in the contest.
They will be returned to you.
Please follow contest rules carefully.